What to Do in Krabi for 3 Days?
There is a magical feeling in exploring an Island. It is completely different from exploring a city. The freshness, closeness to nature, and the sound of gushing water is magnificent. It gets better if you know the different scenic points and popular beaches of that place. Every part of an Island offers different nature’s creations. We thus help in making your travel dream a reality. In this blog, we would be covering the most demanding destination these days ‘Krabi’. You will be amazed to know the offerings this place has in for the visitors.
1. Railay Beach – This is one of the world’s most beautiful beach. The landscape here is breathtaking. The unique eye capturing view of white sand and blue water will make you go Awestruck. This beach is only accessible by boat. But you know what is the best part of this beach! It’s the ‘Limestone Caves’ ceded in high and mighty cliffs. Also known as ‘Diamond Caves’, this part of the beach is worth a look. One can easily explore these caves as light and wooden walkway has been installed inside the cave. This place would give an adventurous tempering to your romantic trip.
2. Thung Teao Forest Natural Park / Emerald Lagoon – Fabled beauty and ethereal landscapes are two apt phrases for Thung Teo Forest Natural Park. High trees in the darkest of greens, deep emerald-colored water at its purest, wildlife at its maximum ease, and beauty at its unusual prime is a perfect description to the place. There is a stunning waterfall in the middle of this Natural Park which gives off the surrealistic charm. It would feel like a heavenly pool to swim in. An amazing thing about this place is that the water comes from natural streams running into the pool from freshwater sources on a limestone hill above. It is located about 55 km from Krabi town. Our advice to you will be to wear comfortable shoes since it is 800 meters from the parking lot.
3. Tiger Cave – This cave is known as a sacred site of Krabi. It is set between dense jungles and is a house to many temples & pilgrims. This place is famous for the ‘Tiger Pawprints’ in the cave. The climb to the top of the caves is a little challenging as it is a long staircase with high rise steps. But the efforts of climbing these stairs will be worth, as the top of the mountain has a large Golden Buddha statue and a beautiful view of Krabi which is appreciated by many tourists.
4. Klong Thom Hot Springs – To the south of Krabi, these deep-rooted thermal springs are located inside the volcanic chambers of Klong Thom. The warm water of this spring is rich in mineral salts, therefore, is believed to possess certain healing properties for our body and skin. Even on the warmest day, the temperature of the water goes up to 42°-43° Celsius. Stretches of vegetation add to the beauty of the place. It is the best place to release stress as it is away from the hustle-bustle of the city. This place is quite close to the Emerald Pool at Thung Teao Forest Natural Park. It would be a good idea to plan a combined trip to both these places and enjoy the perks of two spectacular places in one day.
5. Maya Beach – This Beach got famous after it was featured in the movie “The Beach” starring Leonardo Dicaprio. If you haven’t seen that movie- it’s a must watch. This Magnificent beach is a part of Phi Phi island and is one of the most famous beaches on Earth. The famous thing about this beach is the Turquoise color Lagoon. Try to reach here early to enjoy the serenity of this place as thousands of tourists visit this place daily. There is a National Park entry fee of 400 baht that needs to be paid if you are traveling on your own.
6. Ao Nang Beach – This is the main beach resort in Krabi Province and its growing every year. It has become the most popular tourist place. By road, Ao Nang is 20 minutes from Krabi Town and has an incredible natural beauty.
7. Hong Island – Among the gems of Krabi is another secluded and quiet Island ‘Hong Island’. This Island has a National Park status, it is full of pristine natural scenery, soft white sand and abundant marine life making it an ultimate place for snorkeling. The beautiful lagoon here is completely surrounded by cliffs which gives you a breathtaking view. This is known as Krabi’s hidden paradise.
Amazing isn’t it? I am sure you love these beaches already. But I have another set of little beach tour for you. You can do an exciting Island hopping with ‘The 4 Islands Tour’. Here is everything you need to know about 4 Island tour:
4 Island Tour – This tour includes ‘Phra Nang Cave, Tup Island, Chicken Island and Poda Island’. This tour takes you to these unique limestone islands by a traditional long-tail boat. Swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing, exploring, and photography are the main activities to enjoy here. There is a rich variety of corals and fishes, crystal-clear water, and white powdery beaches lined with coconut palms.
a) Phra Nang Cave Beach – This Cave beach is famous for ‘phallic-shaped statues’ which are believed to represent the princess goddess named ‘Phra Nang’. It is worshipped by local fishermen and is an attraction point for many tourists. The beach is stunning has fine-grained white sand crystalline water. Its towering karsts offer many hiking trails for the adventure lovers.
b) Tup Island – Tup or Tub Island is popular for day trips and tours. It is smaller Island in the group but the island is surrounded by excellent snorkeling spots with the abundance of tropical fish. The whole area is full of panoramic views of the Krabi coastline in the background. It is suggested to carry a pair of reef shoes as sharp corals and shells come out of the water.
c) Chicken Island – Chicken Island got its name from a bizarre rock formation which resembles the head of a chicken when seen from far. Chicken and Tup islands are connected with a sandbank. On arrival, you will see the turquoise ocean and colorful fishes. The place has got a fantastic viewpoint and a small restaurant where you can get some snacks, a fresh drink or cold beer. Just to let you know, you will also have to pay a national park fee here while you purchase the tickets.
d) Poda Island – This Island is just like a dream place. It is located 8 km offshore from Ao Nang and it roughly takes 25 minutes by longtail boat to get there. The White sand, turquoise crystal water, and heavenly feel will make you adore the place. It has great views and lots of photo opportunities. This beach is very less crowded hence good for swimming and snorkeling too. This beach is a definite go for beach lovers!
We are sure you have already started planning your trip to Krabi. And why not, when you have travel partners like Kick Travel Goals, there’s not much to think about. We can plan your tour as per your budget and yet give you an awesome opportunity to explore Krabi to its fullest. For more information get in touch with us, please fill in the form below and one of our travel goal experts will get in touch with you shortly. Happy Traveling.